Saturday 30 August 2014

BMW R1150GS Water, fuel and tool storage

After camping for the first time on the GS back in June I figured I need to fit some extra storage racks etc. In the bike as the panniers are quite cavernous. The main things being a rack for a water container, spare fuel and tool compartment.
I found some steel mesh and bent it up around a 5 litre bottle, welded the edges and the result was a cage that fit perfectly in the right pannier.

Just pop rivetted to the pannier with some galvanised bent brackets.
Next was a 1.5 litre Fuel Friend from ebay @ £18. These are really handy and come in all different sizes and capacities. Their website is www.fuelfriend.de. The problem is I could only find the 1L, 1.5L and 2L variants in the UK. The bracket is just another piece of bent mesh as an L bracket and a strap to secure.

Now I need to find a tool compartment to fit on the bike, ideally not taking up any more space in the panniers.

No comments:

Post a Comment